Chief Talent Officer
Executive Level Human Resources Opportunity Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) was launched in 1982 by Joel Gordon, a healthcare services pioneer. In 2009, we revised and updated our values, mission, and vision, based on a democratic process that included all of our teammates from across the country.
Today, we operate 185 surgical facilities, including surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital surgery departments, in 34 states. We employ approximately 5,000 teammates and more than 7,500 physicians perform procedures in SCA facilities each year. More than 2,000 of these physicians, along with 45+ leading health systems, including Advocate Health Care, Sutter Health, Catholic Health Initiatives, Geisinger Health System, Yale New Haven Health System, MemorialCare Health System, Indiana University Health, Saint Alphonsus Health System, North Shore LIJ, and Texas Health Resources, are partnered with us.
SCA facilities generate more than $1.3 billion in system-wide revenue and a healthy bottom-line; enabling significant investments in systems and processes that create measurable impact and serve to support future growth. This includes:
- Clinical systems that drive clinical quality improvement and excellence and include clinical toolkits, customized clinical leadership training, and detailed clinical quality analysis.
- Operating systems that drive efficiency and effectiveness with scheduling, supply management and provide state of the art benchmarking tools.
- Financial systems that provide precise case costing information and analytics.
At SCA, we are committed to living our mission of improving healthcare in America by providing outstanding service to our patients and partners through the provision of high quality, cost effective, and accessible care.
“Attracting, developing, and empowering the right people has transformed SCA over the past six years and opens the door to a remarkable set of opportunities to create value for each of our partners as well as the healthcare system in America.” – Andrew Hayek
Andrew Hayek serves as President & Chief Executive Officer of SCA and is a member of SCA’s board of directors. Prior to joining Surgical Care Affiliates in 2008, Mr. Hayek:
- Served as the President of VillageHealth, a division of renal dialysis provider DaVita Inc. (“DaVita”), from 2007 to 2008.
- Served as the President and Chief Operating Officer of Alliance Healthcare Services Inc., a diagnostic imaging and radiation therapy provider, from 2003 to 2006.
- Previously worked at KKR Capstone, an affiliate of private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. and at The Boston Consulting Group, a strategy consulting firm.
Mr. Hayek earned his bachelor’s degree summa cum laude from Yale University. His knowledge of the healthcare industry and leadership experience makes him a valuable asset to our management and the board of directors.